When it comes to cannabis, everyone seems to have the same belief: you can only smoke it. However, there’s no rule that states you cannot improvise. Hash brownies are proof of that – so why shouldn’t we be able to turn it into a tea as well?
The Actual Recipe
It’s actually very simple. You can use hemp, marijuana – or both. It all depends on your own preferences. What you’ll need is:
- 1 gram of ground medical marijuana or hemp (how to get a license for medical marijuana, you can read here)
- 1L water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter
- Sieve or tea strainer
- Pan (with lid)
Looks simple enough, doesn’t it? And it shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes to get everything done.
You start by pouring the water into the pan, placing it on the stove so that it can boil. At this point, you should also add the butter or coconut oil so that it can dissolve. Once it starts boiling, you may add the marijuana and/or hemp – either using a tea strainer or directly into the water.
Allow the tea to simmer for about 15 minutes. Once that time has passed, you may remove the cannabis by pulling out the tea strainer or passing it through a sieve. All that’s left for you to do is to pour it into a cup and enjoy it to the maximum.
You can also replace the unsalted butter with cannabutter, to make the aroma even stronger.
Further Brewing Tips
Sure, you might just drop the leaves into the water and say that “you’re making tea,” but that doesn’t mean the tea will be at its finest. There’s a reason why Japanese people have an entire ceremony around it; unless you are very careful about the brewing process, you might miss out on the aroma.
Here are some tips that you might want to consider when brewing weed tea. Those leaves aren’t cheap, so you should not be wasteful:
- If you want to go for another round of tea – a bigger or a smaller one – the idea is to use the same ratio of weed to water. For example, if you have 0.5 grams of medical marijuana, use 0.5L of water.
- If you make more marijuana tea than you can drink, you can store it in the fridge and just reheat it before consumption (or drink it cold, with ice). Remember that you can only keep it there for 5 days before it loses its effects.
- Depending on the type of marijuana that you use, it can have an odd taste. You can improve it by adding honey, sugar, mint, or any other kind of flavoring.
Why drink boring chamomile tea when you can relax with a good cup of cannabis tea? It’s easy to make, and it can really take the edge off after a long day at work or after a stressful activity. Stay tuned and find out our new recipes.